Thankful for Every Wrong Move

We are spending Thanksgiving with my family this year. Its worth recording here because we're supposed to switch back from DH's family to mine each year and though our mothers seem to remember who was with who and when, I tend to forget. Let's be honest, sometimes our moms do, too.

And here's a little bit of my traditional Thanksgiving post:

On Thanksgiving, I often think of a song with this title from Poi Dog Pondering.
(from my fading memory, maybe not in the right order)

"Sometimes I find myself way out of line from the ones I have drawn.
Wasn't the best of paths, you could attest to that, but I'm keepin' on...
I owe my soul to each fork in the road, each misleading sign.
Cuz even in solitude, no bitter attitude, can dissolve my sweetest find.

Would our paths cross , if every great loss had turned out a gain? Would our paths cross if the pain it had cost of, was pain in vain?

Thanks given, for every wrong move...that made it right. That made it right."

I can't say I'm thankful for every wrong move I've made in my life, or even during this past year, but the wisdom of age helps me see how things that might have felt wrong, sad or even heartbreaking in the past, have brought me to the good point I'm at now.

I'm thankful for family, friends and you, too, my dear readers*.

I wish you a very happy holiday!


*Canadians, too, even though it's not your holiday!
You have just read the article entitled Thankful for Every Wrong Move. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/11/thankful-for-every-wrong-move.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows