Three Geeky Android Apps

I am still enjoying the Motorola Xoom that I have through my participation in the Midwest Moms program from Verizon Wireless. In fact, I'm hemming and hawing because I need to send it in for a free 4G service upgrade. This should be a painless process, but I hate to be without my Xoom, even for a few days.  My teen son helped me find a few geek chic apps for the Xoom. Here are three of my favorites.

LH See Hadron Collider: From the marketplace description: Ever wondered how the Large Hadron Collider experiments work, and what the collisions look like? Scientists at the world's biggest scientific experiment - the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, Geneva - are trying to answer fundamental questions about the nature of the universe, the origin of mass, and structure of space and time. LHSee makes the Hadron Collider accessible to anybody with an Android smartphone or tablet PC.

Make it 3D:  From the marketplace description: You can make your own 3D pictures! You can make your own anaglyph stereoscopic 3D pictures without 3D camera. Make It 3D can make stereo pictures with only one camera.


Google Goggles: Take a picture of an object and let Google tell you more about it. Google doesn't always get it right, but it can be fun to play around with even (especially) when Google is wrong.

With my Xoom boxed up and almost ready to ship, I suppose it's time to dust off the Droid Bionic smart phone the Verizon team sent to me as part of the Midwest Moms program. I brought it along on an outing shortly after I received it, but haven't touched it since.


Using the Bionic feels like cheating on my Xoom. But something's got to fill the empty hole in my heart while I'm Xoomless, right?

Stay tuned! When the Midwest Moms program wraps up at the end of the year, I'm going to be giving away one of my devices through one of my blogs. (No worries, the Motorola folks are going to swipe it clean first.)
You have just read the article entitled Three Geeky Android Apps. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/10/three-geeky-android-apps.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows