Mary Poppins in Chicago: Practically Perfect in Every Way

I was recently invited to attend a performance of Broadway in Chicago's Mary Poppins. Rachel Wallace *was* Mary Poppins; she was just a fabulous fit and did a fine job of making the role her own, while still allowing older members of the audience like me to delight in our memories of Mary on the silver screen.

As a seasoned adult, I must confess that I'm quite curious about the backstory with Mary and Bert, her chimney-sweeping friend, played by Nicolas Dromard. But the fine singing, dancing, imaginative sets and colorful costumes kept my mind from wandering too far.

I got to speak with a few members of the cast after the performance as a blogger perk. As tired as I was by that time of night (I had flown home from a business trip in Denver at 7 that morning), the cast members were that extreme of perky. They were enthused and full of energy (also many years younger than I am) and regaled our small group of bloggers with tales of traveling around the country with this musical.

It's always a pleasure to speak with people who love their jobs, and frankly, I think that love shows through on the stage.

If you and your kids enjoy musicals, put this one on your list.
You have just read the article entitled Mary Poppins in Chicago: Practically Perfect in Every Way. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/10/mary-poppins-in-chicago-practically.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows