Physically Pfffft, But Headed to a Balanced Living Workshop with Coca-Cola, So Maybe There's Hope



I was compensated for my participation in Coca-Cola's Balanced Living Workshop, but my thoughts and views are my own.

The downhill slide starts at Halloween when candy is literally behind every door. The descent continues through the end of the year when cookies, cakes, pies and other treats are everywhere I turn. Or so it seems. Because we recently bought a treadmill instead of a new couch, you'd think I'd be working to burn off all those sweets, but you'd be wrong.
I've yet to go on the treadmill.

Why? I don't know. I go through periods of exercising and eating healthy (with a few extra bits of chocolate thrown in because, well, chocolate) and periods of not exercising and living on the "see food" diet (I see it, I eat it). I'm currently in the latter phase. When I incorporate the healthier habits in my life, I feel good. I believe that exercise is as good for the soul as it is for the body, especially when it involves walks like this:

When I'm in that zone, I feel more balanced, take better care of myself and, frankly, when I'm in my active phase, I can't believe I ever go without exercise.

But then stuff happens, someone gets sick, schedules change, my work load picks up. Something happens to throw off the routine and once it's gone, it's so hard to get back in the groove. Even though I work from home. Even though I know how bad it is to sit at my desk for hours on end. Even though I have a flexible schedule and a treadmill in my basement.
Gah, just typing this out makes me feel like the lamest, laziest person ever. I'm totally going on the treadmill today.

Next week, I'm attending the Coca-Cola Balanced Living Workshop in partnership with BlogHer. See? It's already getting me up and going. While I'm there I'll get to meet with a dietitian, exercise with my friends (I sweat buckets; I should warn them to give me space), and develop a road map to a healthy 2013. In addition to my personal wellness, we'll be talking about family wellness as well as taking a trip to the grocery store and cooking up healthy eats.

I hope to end the year on track (or treadmill) and start the new one with a burst of energy. I know that a healthier me is a happier me even if I need a swift kick in the butt to get to that happy place.

Excuse me, I've got to go. I have a date with the treadmill.
You have just read the article entitled Physically Pfffft, But Headed to a Balanced Living Workshop with Coca-Cola, So Maybe There's Hope. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2012/12/physically-pfffft-but-headed-to.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows