Can You Ever See Too Much of Your Elected Officials?

Seems like a timely day to post this old thing from the Chicago Moms Blog. It was originally published June 19, 2007.

Kim_postWe were hanging out at the local pool a couple of years ago when I spotted our congresswoman frolicking with her grandchildren. When we walked past each other I took that brief opportunity to introduce myself and thank her for her hard work.

Back with DH, I told him how badly I wanted to go back over to her and give her my two cents about a topic that always gets my panties in a bunch--how No Child Left Behind is ruining our public schools. “Give her a break. She’s enjoying her family,” he coolly advised. He was right.

She went on playing with her grandkids while I ignored my offspring, instead fantasizing about an audience with my congresswoman. Why, yes, Kim, I’d love for you to join me for a meeting with Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings.

Before I knew it, the pool was closing. I headed to the changing room and once again found myself face to face with the congresswoman, only this time she was taking off her bathing suit! I immediately averted my eyes. I mean, wouldn't you expect a member of congress to use one of those little changing stalls? It’s definitely possible to see too much of your elected officials.

Still, it’s good to know that the old saying is true. Congresswoman, Shmongresswoman! She puts her pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

You have just read the article entitled Can You Ever See Too Much of Your Elected Officials?. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/11/can-you-ever-see-too-much-of-your.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows