Be Out There Family Challenge: Coming Soon!

This was supposed to be my week to participate in a Be Out There Challenge with my family, but:

*Last night I was out late at the Chicago Moms Blog event
*Thursdays we never make it outside because of going straight from regular school to Hebrew School and when they get out, I'm in class
*Friday one of my boys has a party after school until 9:00 (!)
*Saturday I'm leaving on a MomImpact trip to Galena bright and early and will be gone through Sunday.

This is a recipe for failure.

I'm fortunate that we have a nice yard and nearby parks with playgrounds, basketball courts, baseball diamonds, and, in some cases, tennis courts. We've even got bike trails and bridle paths running along a stretch of woods just a short drive away, but I dare say it's the busy-ness of life that will keep us from enjoying those things.

And don't get me started seasonal allergies. Both of my boys are on steroidal sprays in an attempt to control the mess left behind by the pollen floating around us. I've nicknamed my nine-year-old's eyes Itchy and Scratchy.

That said, I'm sooo glad the weather has turned and outside play is an option again.

You don't have to be a National Wildlife Foundation Founding Mother* to play along in Be Out There Challenge.

In fact, MomImpact members who play along and post on their blogs, then stop back here to share the link to their challenge or just even a great idea for a family-oriented outdoor activity (again, please share a specific link to that activity as you blogged it) will be entered to win a year's subscription to the NWF kids' magazine of their choice.

Enter today through April 23.

(Drew, you can enter, too.)

*I participate in this program without compensation (okay, I received a vintage Range Rick t-shirt and a few magazines, but I'm not in it for that).
You have just read the article entitled Be Out There Family Challenge: Coming Soon!. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/04/be-out-there-family-challenge-coming.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows