Help for Parents of Gifted Children in Chicagoland

The Illinois Association for Gifted Children is hosting a Parent Academy on November 6th from noon to 5.

The title is intriguing: Understanding the Academic, Social, and Emotional Needs of Gifted Children. (No, really, if you've got a highly or profoundly gifted child, you know what I mean.)

The event will kick off with a tour of IMSA.The keynote speaker is Andy Mahoney. He'll be talking about executive function and the vulnerability of gifted kids. If he gets to the part about hiring an assistant for your college student I'm going to pop in my ear buds and whistle Dixie.

And from 2:00 – 5:00 they will be several break out sessions:

· Parenting Module (developed by ISBE for parents of gifted children)

· The Mind of the Gifted Teen

· Shaping Your Child’s Education: Where Parents Fit in the Equation

· Classroom Teacher: Friend or Foe?

· Fostering the Gifted Brain: Facts, Fun and the Future

· My Child is identified as Gifted – Now What?

· Living with Intensity: Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Students

· Young Gifted Children: Parenting Issues and Concerns

· RtI and Gifted: What Does this Mean for my Child?

The cost is $30 per person/$50 per couple.

Should I stay or should I go? I still haven't decided, but the registration deadline is November 1, so I should make up my mind soon. Let me know if you'll be there.
You have just read the article entitled Help for Parents of Gifted Children in Chicagoland. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/10/help-for-parents-of-gifted-children-in.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows