Chicago Mom Blogger Book Launch

I've barely seen Chicago mom blogger Dawn Meehan since we went yachting a couple of summers ago. (Sorry, had to get that in.) But she's a smart and funny woman and spins a fun yarn, to boot. And why shouldn't she? He six kids provide her with loads of great material!

I want to congratulate her on her newest book, You'll Lose the Baby Weight (and Other Lies about Pregnancy and Childbirth) just published by Simon and Schuster.

Dawn is a hosting a book launch party this Tuesday, November 2
6:30pm - 9:30pm
Location Comedy Sportz Theater
929 W. Belmont in Chicago

Join in for an evening of fun and laughter as she does some stand-up comedy from her new book.

She's also hosting a baby shower of sorts. She's asking guests to bring diapers, formula, or new/gently used baby clothes. Donations will benefit Wings (Women in Need Growing Stronger), a non-profit organization that helps women and children who are fleeing domestic violence.

Her last book, Because I Said So, was a huge hit in our house and my son's school. Really, my then third grader thought it was the funniest thing ever. He loved reading about Dawn's six kids and their antics. He even convinced his homeroom teacher to read sections out loud to the class. (The teacher wound up buying a copy of her own, I hear.)

Knowing I have a full schedule this week and am "taking the day off" Saturday to attend the IAGC Academy for parents of gifted children, I don't know if I will be there Tuesday evening, but I'm sure if will be a good time.
You have just read the article entitled Chicago Mom Blogger Book Launch. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/10/chicago-mom-blogger-book-launch.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows