We Got Approval on Our Mortgage!

They say the waiting is the hardest part, but let me tell you that paperwork is a pain in the butt, too. After submitting a small sapling worth of papers to the potential lender, we got a request back for what I will call Form 800563A in relation to a former, but recent, bank account.

However, we never received such a form. We did, however, have Form 800563B. This was included in our mortgage application. We were told it would suffice.

But the person who checks off all the boxes of required forms for the underwriter told us we needed to produce Form A. After much back and forth, I finally called the bank that held the former account and they agreed to get me what I needed, which was nice because just a few months ago I had pulled so much money out of there that I think I saw a tear roll down the banker's cheek. (It's karma, baby. I equally upset when, days early, I realized how low the interest rate on that account had dropped.)

At any rate, we've got our down payment stuffed under our mattress (I'm kidding; don't burglarize my parents' house in search of it), full loan approval with a good interest rates, though alas, not the lowest rate of the year that was announced early this week (our lender suggested we not follow rate changes once we locked in), and in the coming week we're going to visit the house with a contractor in tow to talk through some of our planned renovations.

It's not a done deal until the ink on the signed contract is dry, but I'm feeling hopeful. Having the house appraise above our purchase value and securing a loan were two big items on the home buying checklist. We're getting close!
You have just read the article entitled We Got Approval on Our Mortgage!. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/05/we-got-approval-on-our-mortgage.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows