I'm not in the habit of doing this, but....

I'm not in the habit of giving a shout-out to shows I haven't watched (or the Fox network, FWIW), but as our school team is getting ready to head to the state Science Olympiad Competition (complete with a cheerful send off to the entire student body), this seemed worth a mention.

The TV show Fringe is partnering with Science Olympiad and offering Division C (high school) lesson plans based on specific episodes.

{pause for a quick check}

Erm, okay the lesson plans seem, uh, let's call them "lite," with about 75 seconds of relevant content from the episode for the lesson according to the lesson plan.

{pausing for a bit more research}

I'm sorry, this is lame. If you want to know more you can search to learn more about the partnership; I can't bear to link. I hope the Science Olympiad folks are making some good money off of this partnership.

{Off to watch an episode of Property Sluts. I'm going to create a calculus tutorial based on one of my faves.}

Here's my lesson plan; you can follow along at home!

In the Price Fixing episode of Property Sluts, I discuss my son's plan to drive down prices in our community. I also reference some allegedly sketchy statistics put out by the National Association of Realtors, a group that seems to have maintained an unrealistically optimistic outlook throughout this whole housing market collapse.

Episode scene of relevance: 1:36 - 2:32.

Now use available resources like this and this, explain a logarithmic function.
You have just read the article entitled I'm not in the habit of doing this, but..... Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-not-in-habit-of-doing-this-but.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows