We Moved in with My Parents for Few Months

Originally posted to The Chicago Moms.

Yes, we moved in with my parents for a few months... back in 2008. And we are still here due to circumstances none of us ever imagined back then. Had we glimpsed into a crystal ball , we would have made different choices. I think we all regret to the current situation to some degree.

But here we are.

Not that there haven't been lovely moments, and funny ones. But. Ugh. Can any 40-something proudly admit, she schedules parties around her parents' vacation schedule?

I've been pretty quite about this on my blog. I've missed some good stories, but they were not meant to be shared. I've got enough fodder to write a book, but surely the most engaging parts would not be the communal family dinners we enjoyed or our happy times, but the disagreements, the unpleasantries, the times when someone should have bit his or her tongue instead of letting it fly. Things that are not meant to be shared.

I mean, how fun it might have been to share my parents' quirky habits, but it would not have been worth the cheap laugh. And now you know why I never responded to my mother's request to help her start a blog; she might be writing about me! (And thank goodness my kids don't have blogs either, for that matter.)

Really, my P's have been outstanding sports about this whole unexpectedly and entirely too long visit of ours. I'm incredibly grateful because I realize that while my crew may have added a bit of zing and a lot of love (aforementioned disagreements aside) to their golden years, we've also added a loads of mess and more noise and whining they than ever anticipated at this point in their lives (heck, on a daily basis, I encounter more whining and noise than I ever anticipated).

Finally, our third year into this not-so-little misadventure, we are in a good spot. Business is going well for me, hubs just moved into a permanent position, and we are looking for a house, a home of our own.

When we've got one, I can't wait to throw a big party. I'll still plan around my parents' travel schedule, but this time it will be so they can join in on the fun.
You have just read the article entitled We Moved in with My Parents for Few Months. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-moved-in-with-my-parents-for-few.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows