Cluttercasting My Vintage Caparro Boots

I'm borrowing my friend Darryle's idea and offering up these truly lovely old boots to a reader or friend (readers are just friends you haven't met IRL). I'm gonna cross stitch that for my blog.

These fab knee-high boots are in great shape! Except they need new soles. Black suede that's in good condition and the stitching and embroidery look great.

These are size 5.5. Maybe they can be stretched a bit when the new soles are put on?

The resoling process could set you back $50 or more, but just tell yourself these boots would cost $150 brand new.

I've never been able to really rock a pair of boots and though I think these are cool, I just can't picture myself in them. Also, I'd have to bind my feet down to a 5.5 and that sounds pretty painful.

Someone passed them on to me, now I'm passing them on to you.

If I have to ship them to you, it's going to cost you $10 -$15 via PayPal. If more than one person wants these I do some kind of draw. If you live nearby, run as fast as those 5.5 feet can take you and get to my place so I can hand them off to you. If I don't hear from anyone by the 10th, I'll list them on Craigslist.

Edited to add: Sadly, my friends all have large feet. I went the Craigslist route and found a taker who will hopefully love the boots. Perhaps, as my husband insists, she will resole them for $50 and sell them for more than $100. I like to think the recipient took these for herself and will rock the boots this winter.
You have just read the article entitled Cluttercasting My Vintage Caparro Boots. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/09/cluttercasting-my-vintage-caparro-boots.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows