If I'm going to hunt, I'd better learn to shoot

Yep, I'm on the prowl. For a new house. And I keep forgetting to bring my camera because OMG people, you would not believe some of the stuff we've seen!

Although, to be fair, if you've done your share of shopping for 50- 80-year-old houses, or even any previously owned houses, you probably know what I mean.

I understand. When you own a house, you get used to its quirks and add to them with homespun repairs, like the tube socks that were stuffed in between storm windows to keep out harsh winter winds. Um, that was the house we purchased last time around, and we replaced all of the windows within the first year of ownership.

This time around, we saw some doozies like a bathroom that was so small you had to stand outside of the doorway just to pee.

Well, practically.

So on my next house-hunting excursion, I'm going to try a take a shot of anything that truly makes me go hmmmm. (A safe tucked away behind the bathroom cabinets?)

On a related note, Mayberry Mom
sent me a link to what might be my new obsession, Lovely Listing. I want to find something worthy of that site, the Cake Wrecks of the real estate scene, the FailBlog of housing.

Edited 9/14 to add: I finally remembered to take pictures on our most recent outing. These barrel chairs are quirky, but charming in their own 1970s way. You can rock back and forth on them. I kinda dig 'em.

You have just read the article entitled If I'm going to hunt, I'd better learn to shoot. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/09/if-i-going-to-hunt-i-better-learn-to.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows