Proof that I'm doing it all wrong

The other day I announced that MomImpact is giving away a scholarship package to the Type-A Mom Conference.

Yeah,
so I don't need the pass I purchased and rather than get a refund, I thought I'd pass it along to a MomImpact member.

I know that to really get a bang for my buck, I'd open this up to all interested bloggers, I'd make them link back to me in their entry posts and tweet their entries and Like MomImpact on Facebook (woot- finally go that vanity url). To make a splash, I'd require potential recipients to jump through any number of hoops that promote MomImpact along the way.

But I didn't.

Passing on my pass is a way to build community, it's a way to support a MomImpact member that has supported me even before she knew I could save her a few hundred bucks on a conference pass.

I really just want to help a member who otherwise might have not made it to the conference. I want to read about why she wants to go and how she will make an impact at the conference and with her blog. I want to hear her thoughts more than I want to use her to support my brand.

And though I'd certainly like the women who enter to mention or link back to MomImpact in their posts, it didn't feel right to require it.

So I'm excited to help a blog sistah out, but I can't help wonder if this make me a #PRFail.
You have just read the article entitled Proof that I'm doing it all wrong. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/08/proof-that-i-doing-it-all-wrong.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows