Chicago Women Bloggers Support Tutus for Tanner

Noticing that the Tutus for Tanner tweetathon was showing up quite often in my Twitter stream, it dawned on me that we should incorporate it into our NotBlogHer Chicago party.
For a $5 donation, donors would get a fab picture of themselves in a tutu.

Of course, as the mom of two boys, I didn't have any tutus around the house. I stopped at Target and picked up two tutu, size 10 girls, the largest they had. It fit me like a garter, which is to say one leg per tutu.

So I quickly channeled the crafty and talented Kim and cut the tutus apart and sewed them together. At the party. Even though I was late. And talking to folks. And I goofed. And had to redo matching up the front sides more carefully this time. (Note: actual needle in hand.)


The first brave volunteer, Weasel Momma (before I joined the two skirts together)


Below: Sara, co-hostess, Self-Made Mom

Tracey from Just Another Mommy Blog
Jan James, who delighted us with her voice.
Amy
Me
And the winning picture below was shot at the end of the evening, when Kennedy, a nonblogging friend of one of the young bloggers at the party, dropped in her five bucks to wear the tutu. Looking at her, I think every 30 and 40-something year old woman in the room was nostalgic about her younger, less saggy body. But let's be honest, most of us never looked this good. (And speaking of looking good, don't I appear to be about 2 feet tall in this shot? Photo credit: Michelle Pendergrass

Did I mention with all the rushing out to buy tutus, I forgot to tuck a freshly charged battery in my camera? Sara helped out with her Droid and I received some photos from Amy as well.

We raised $65 for the cause. I'm off to make the donation.

Posted 8/6/10
Done!
You have just read the article entitled Chicago Women Bloggers Support Tutus for Tanner. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2010/08/chicago-women-bloggers-support-tutus.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows