Skinny dipping in the school pool and why advocating for gifted kids is like masturbating

Yep, skinny dipping at school, that's how things worked in Chicago public schools back in the 1950s. Read on at Chicago Moms Blog.

I think I'm going to work the old skinny dipping as school policy into my statement advocating for gifted children in Illinois at the upcoming state board of ed budget hearing. Honestly though, I'm tempted to talk about how advocating for gifted kids is like masturbating. I feel compelled to do it (advocate, I mean), and I'll feel good for doing it (for speaking up, I mean) but it's not a very productive use of my time.

Color me cynical, but it seems to me that the most compelling arguments for recognizing gifted children as special needs children aren't apparent until one is raising such a child.

Your thoughts?
You have just read the article entitled Skinny dipping in the school pool and why advocating for gifted kids is like masturbating. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2009/11/skinny-dipping-in-school-pool-and-why.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows