Thanks Blissdom Partners

Am I really THAT small?

As noted, most of my blogging and social media activities are centered around The Maker Mom, but I wanted to give a little love to a handful of Blissdom conference sponsors.

First off, my personal conference sponsor and longtime client ConAgra Foods Child Hunger Ends Here, put on a super fun Girl's Night Out featuring the best food of the conference (what? I was hungry.) and fabulous entertainment. See me to the right with Blissdo's Barbara Jones, Chris Mann, Amber Riley and Carmen, who knows how to manage a line. Look for specially marked packages of ConAgra Products and enter codes via the link above to provide meals to food insecure children.

Among my favorite sponsors were the Sleep Foundation and California Raisins.

The Sleep Foundation had a suite in which they hosted an ongoing “slumber party” featuring things like manicures at one point and a sundae bar at another. Their room featured products from their partners including Serta mattresses (I was a blog ambassador for the brand last year and my family sleeps well on them!). They hosted speakers (sleep experts) throughout the day running giveaways of partner products at the end of each session. One of my roommates, Michelle from Honest and Truly, was delighted to win a set of room-darkening shades to use back home.

This year the raisin folks downsized from a suite to an impressively themed booth with a country feel. They gave away tins of “cowgirl crunch” a raisin/nut mixture and asked people to take a survey on their raisin habits (do you use raisins as a snack or ingredient?) to enter to win an iPad Mini.  I didn't win, but the survey did get me thinking about my use of raisins. Snack? Yes, sometimes. Ingredient? Not if I can help it. Baked raisins? Eww. I realized that as the primary cook and shopper, my kids may not grow to enjoy raisins as an ingredient. They're happy enough to have cinnamon bread with raisins, but I don't buy it or make it. Enough about me, raisin folks also handed out a recipe book with recipes from their "raisin mom bloggers.” It was a nice touch.

Extra Storage returned as a sponsor, providing something like 150 attendees the opportunity to send up to 10 pounds of swag home for free. I especially appreciate their service since I was travelling light and had picked up three hardcover books on my short trip to Blissdom.

Bissell was there with a longtime PR peep, Trish Taylor. As we discussed my home's cleaning needs, she told me that the old skool sweepers are great for collecting LEGO pieces. Of course, they had higher tech cleaners on display.

And the folks from AT&T were there talking about the dangers of text while driving and related programs they have available for high school students. My oldest is a little more than a year away from driving, so...yikes. (Also, if you watch the video I linked to, bring tissues.)

Speaking of drive, PetsSmart will be hosting their annual adoption drive soon. We plan to adopt a dog before summer, ideally a shelter dog, so it was interesting to learn that PetSmart partners with shelters to find homes for animals.

There were other sponsors, but the ones above struck my sweet spot.

As far as workshops, Shelly Kramer for Writing for the Web was great as was Wendy Scherer's whose presentation I'll link to later.
You have just read the article entitled Thanks Blissdom Partners. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/04/thanks-blissdom-partners.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows