Hey Blissdom, I'm really over there --->

In prepping for my trip to the Blissdom Conference, I grabbed my box of business cards. That box is like an autobiography. You see, the social media world moves quickly and cards that accurately represented my professional life years, or even months ago, no longer fit the bill.

I keep a few of the outdated cards in the box to remind me how I've grown. Others are there in quantity only because I didn't realize how much I've evolved since I last used them. It turns out my cards promoting this blog also promote projects that I'm no longer involved with. Even my newest cards, the ones I ordered last fall could use a bit of tweaking. I'll get to that before BlogHer.

I still speak and consult on brand/blogger relations and I continue to write a monthly newsletter for 700+  mombloggers sharing hot topics and tips to help them keep tabs on this space and stay on top of their game. And I make the occasional video.

This blog has slowed down in recent months because I'm building up my newest property, The Maker Mom, where I write about science, technology, and the Maker Movement with a family-friendly spin.

As a spin-off of The Maker Mom, I also host a monthly Twitter chat, #STEMchat, which brings parents, educators and STEM professionals together to share ideas and resources for raising kids who love STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). I founded the chat uncertain of whether anyone would show up. After all, it's based on the exchange of ideas, not the awarding of prizes. Even without material incentives everyone wins with #STEMchat, including our brand sponsors.

This is all a bit much for a business card, it's what I'm up to these days.

I'm headed to Blissdom thanks to my longtime client and official conference philanthropic sponsor, ConAgra Foods. Don't miss out on the chance to help end child hunger in the US when you buy their products.
You have just read the article entitled Hey Blissdom, I'm really over there --->. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/03/hey-blissdom-i-really-over-there.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows