Nurturing the Soul of Your Family

I could not resist the pitch offering me a review copy of Nurturing the Soul of Your Family: 10 Ways to Reconnect and Find Peace in Everyday Life by Renée Trudeau. How could I shut the door on path to a harmonious family life and connection with my busy teens?

As I started the book I was beginning to imagine myself living in alignment with my values and what matters most, but instead of slowing down in my life, I got distracted by Twitter, work, carpools, the lump on my hand that is not a cancer, and a spontaneous(ish) weekend away with my boys (connection! and only a little bit of yelling), blogging and Facebook.

It's so easy to get caught up in the moment living and being present on social media instead of with my family.

Can you relate?

If so, you need to work on that. I need to work on that. Technology (regulation of screen time, self-regulation of screen time, and related issues) are the biggest cause of family conflict. And some of us (read: not just me) get easily distracted by

Where was I? Oh yeah, the book. I think rather than picking up where I left off, I need to go back to the first chapter, "The transformative power of self-care," and instead of just reading, take Trudeau's advice to work along with a notebook, listing key points and holding myself accountable for accomplishing them.

Trudeau shares useful tips as well as insights gleaned from her admittedly less than perfect life to help readers learn to take better care of themselves, connect with other people, get out in nature, define and create a family culture and make tough choices that will ultimately simplify life. It's all good stuff, but like the computer programming books sitting on my ottoman will not make me (or you) a better person just by staring at the front cover.

You have just read the article entitled Nurturing the Soul of Your Family. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/03/nurturing-soul-of-your-family.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows