OfficeMax to Buy Office Depot or is it the other way around?

The news of a potential OfficeMac and Office Depot merger was well-timed with my theme of looking back at old blog posts. On June 10, 2008 I wrote this: So a woman walks into an Office Depot, or is it Office Max? Who can tell the difference?

You can read the rest of the Office Supply Superstore Smackdown post as you puzzle over why I wrote it in third person. My point is, OfficeMax and Office Depot might as well merge, in my mind they're the same store anyway. However, as noted in my post, the office supply store that stood out to me was Staples. Unfortunately, the Staples closest to my home closed a few years ago. I was sad to see it go. Truly. I think the old space is still vacant.

The exciting thing about the Superstore Smackdown post was that it got picked up by Google Finance and was linked on the Google Finance page for OfficeMax (or was it Office Depot?). I realized that even as a SAHM blogging in her pajamas from a dark corner in her basement, blogging could give me a larger voice in the world. Heady stuff.  

And just over 18 months after that post I found myself speaking at a national press conference on Capitol Hill alongside Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. Blogging is powerful stuff. No wonder I can't quit.
You have just read the article entitled OfficeMax to Buy Office Depot or is it the other way around?. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/02/officemax-to-buy-office-depot-or-is-it.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows