Food is Delicious When It's Homemade with Love

I was delighted to see my friend Jennifer Perillo and her new cookbook, something I'd heard to talk about when it was little more than a twinkle in her eye, in Chicago recently. I heard her speak at Chicago's Book Cellar and also had the privilege of attending a small get-together in honor of the debut of Homemade with Love.

Funny thing- she thanked us for coming. Like anyone would have to drag me to eat a meal prepared by Jennie. Followers of her blog, In Jennie's Kitchen, know that she weaves a bit of her herself into every blog post; she's like that with her cooking as well.

You can get to know her in this video.


video via www.foodcurated.com

The book, subtitled Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's Kitchen, is filled with page after page of easier-than-you-think recipes, which is why I found myself making ricotta cheese last week. The light, smooth, oh so fresh and creamy cheese impressed my friends. I don't know how I'll manage to buy the store-bought stuff again.

Which is exactly what Jennie is trying to do- show the reader/reluctant home cook how easy (and tasty!) it is to build your cooking skills and your repertoire to feed the ones you love.

In Homemade with Love, Jennie also gives advice on setting up a homemade kitchen covering the basics for the pantry, fridge and freezer. Each recipe is coded via icons imparting information about whether a recipe is gluten-free (or can be adapted as such), whether it's freezer friendly (something I often wonder) and more. The photography is amazing and, although hardcover, the book is stitched in such a way that it will stay open on your counter.

I'm eager to tackle more of her recipes. In fact, I've got the ingredients ready for Chickpea, Parmesan and Fennel Salad ready to go once I finish my day's work. I'm so happy to have a bit of Jennie's kitchen in my own and I bet you will be, too.


Check out what some of my friends have to say about Jennie's book and her recipes:

You have just read the article entitled Food is Delicious When It's Homemade with Love. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/04/food-is-delicious-when-it-homemade-with.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows