And on My Second Visit to Pumping Station 1

I was getting ready to sit down with my family for Shabbat dinner on a Friday night in June when a DM landed in my inbox inviting me to join a group later that night Pumping Station:1, a Chicago hackerspace. Much later. As in 10 PM later.

Heading to the city at 10 PM? Alone? Me?

I texted back: Uh, that's a little late for me. Maybe next time.

And then I laid out the details for my husband.

"Sounds like this is out of your comfort zone," he said. "You should go."

"You think? Really?" I asked.

"Definitely."

So, after a rousing family trip to Target to pick up last minute supplies for camp, I headed to the city.

Alone.

After 10 PM.

Read more about my night at my new blog, The Maker Mom






You have just read the article entitled And on My Second Visit to Pumping Station 1. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2012/08/and-on-my-second-visit-to-pumping.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows