At least the sun is shining

February in Chicago is the cruelest month. This year is no exception with continued snowfall and frigid temperatures, not the mention the occasional bitter wind. Still, it's been a fairly sunny month. The gray winter skies make everything feel worse, so I'm taking solace where I can.

Because the sun has been out, I'm aware that we get just a little bit more light each day. Hooray!

There's a saying to make hay when the sun shines. Although there is nary a blade of grass to be seen, we did the winter equivalent. No, we didn't make snowmen from the several feet of snow on the ground, the boys piled it up so they could jump off of our second story deck. into a big pile.

When I was a girl and we had the blizzard(s) of 1978 or 79, my dad climbed up to the roof of our split-level house to shovel off the accumulated snow. After he was done, my brother and I were allowed follow him up and jump down. I don't remember my actual leap as much as I do the excitement of doing something that would normally be verboten.

If my boys forget the time we let them jump off the deck, they just have to turn to YouTube (if it's around in 30 years).





You have just read the article entitled At least the sun is shining. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2014/02/at-least-sun-is-shining.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows