Blogger Outreach: I thought I had seen it all until I got this email

I'm in my 6th year of blogging, which is to say that I've been here since the dawn of the "marketing to mommy bloggers" trend. At this point I've received thousands of pitches. I've also written a few myself on behalf of MomImpact clients.

I thought I'd seen it all.

And yet, I found this in my inbox this morning:

I just came from visiting your website (link to my long defunct review site) and found a broken link on it and thought you should know:

404 Not Found (link)

Okay that's cool; helpful even. Then I read the next line:

While you are in fixing this would you add a link to my website as well? (link)
My site is: (link) 15,000+ coupons and promotional codes.

Thanks and talk to you soon!

Oy.

Any outrageous pitches in your inbox lately?

If you're looking for tips on sprucing up your website and clearing out broken links, which is never a bad idea, check out Google's free tools. It's been a while since I've used it, but Website Grader also provides useful, free feedback.


You have just read the article entitled Blogger Outreach: I thought I had seen it all until I got this email. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/01/blogger-outreach-i-thought-i-had-seen.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows