Social Media Power Moms of Color

The other day I mentioned that I had tired of the same old conversations among brands and bloggers. It seems like they haven't changed much and I'm weary of being stuck in an echo chamber just adding to the noise. So I feel compelled to warn you that what follows is nothing new. In fact, in May 2009, I had a feature article in the MediaPost Engage: Moms column about the need for ethnic diversity in blogger outreach.

I was pretty disappointed after seeing the latest Power Moms List.

No wait, I was excited because I have so many friends on that list and it was-more than a rehash of the familiar faces that seem to be on the Big Lists. After a quick review of the honored bloggers, I headed over to the MomImpact Facebook page to share the list, and then it hit me.

Where was Jennifer James, founder of the nearly 15,000 member Mom Bloggers Club and so much more?

What about Stacey Ferguson, co-founder of a fabulous blog conference for women of color, FTC attorney and, of course, long-time blogger?

So I said this, "Great women, but lacking in diversity, which is a shame."

And I shared a few thoughts via Twitter, where I learned that a "Social Media Power Moms of Color" list was coming soon. But that didn't satisfy me or others, apparently. It was seen as too little, too late. I'm not sure if the new list ever came out. Regardless, I made my own version.


Marketers, PR pros and editors looking for high powered social media moms of color, look no further.

In no particular order, here are ladies who bring the awesome online:

Jennifer James
Stacey Ferguson

Kimberly Coleman
Carrie Weir
Ana Flores
Thien Kim Lam
Sandie Anugulo Chen
Melanie Edwards
Melanie Sheridan
Christine Koh
Nirasha
Miss Lori
MJ Tam
Ilina Ewen
Carol Cain
Leticia Barr
Yoly Mason
Divina Rodriquez
Caryn Baily
Veronica Arreola
Onica (Nikki from Mommy Factor)
Renee Ross
Grace Duffy
Duong Sheahan
Dwana  
Migdalia River
Anissa Mayhew


(D'Oh! forgot these wonderful women on the first go around. See my note below and let me know who else to add!)


Kris Cain
Stefania Pomponi Butler
Kelly Wickham
Sheila Bernus Dowd
Liz Dwyer 
Jennifer Rabulan-Bertram
Christy Matte 
Christie Crowder

Disclosure: I hate making exclusive lists because I like to be inclusive. Also, I just know I forgot to include some brilliant women. No offense intended! Leave your name and blog in the comments.

Also, as much as I would have loved to give a brief description of what makes each of these moms so fabulous, I have consulting to do and walls to paint.
You have just read the article entitled Social Media Power Moms of Color. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/09/social-media-power-moms-of-color.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows