2009 Year in Review: Most Dubious Social Media Accomplishment

Many bloggers set out with specific goals in mind, to make a name for themselves. I started blogging four years ago as a creative outlet. I planned to make a name for myself in the world of freelance writing and beyond. In fact, I was sure, naively so, that each time I had a blog visitor from NYC, it was an editor or literary agent checking me out.

So, I never made it big as a writer. Still, this blog has led to writing opportunities, consulting opportunities, travel adventures and many new friends. I've come a long way from the frustrated mom who began writing from the dark corner of her basement late at night.

Now I'm the frustrated mom writing and tweeting at all hours of the day from my bedroom in an Ikea kids desk that used to belong to my youngest son.

And did I mention I'm speaking at Blissdom 2010?!

Still, with an odd mixture of pride and embarrassment, I present you with my most dubious social media achievement of the year: driving roughly 1,100 people to this Whrrl story. It's a completely organic and unsponsored story in which I shared the joy of an unexpectedly delightful find.

What are some of your social media achievements of 2009 (dubious or not)? Leave links and I'll check them out.

Oh, and if you want to join me at Blissdom, but your budget is tight, check out this confrence pass giveaway from my client, Steaz.
You have just read the article entitled 2009 Year in Review: Most Dubious Social Media Accomplishment. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2009/12/2009-year-in-review-most-dubious-social.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows