Mom, Incorporated: A Guide to Business + Baby

The renovation has become my job of late, but when I saw this book sitting in my growing Pile of Neglected Items, I gasped. I did not mean to ignore this book (or the laundry pile--also growing--, or my children--who may have stopped growing due to lack of care). Mom, Incorporated is a fact-filled book of business know-how that comes with free hugs.

Danielle Smith and Aliza Sherman wrote a supportive and informative book that came along a few years too late for me, but is sure to be an asset to women, especially moms, who are just starting out.

I'm fortunate to know both of these talented woman in real life, but I tend to think that even if you don't, the book still reads like a helpful conversation with friends. Perhaps that's because the authors freely share their lessons learned and highlight so many real-life mompreneurs throughout the book.

Getting down to business, the Mom, Incorporated provides tips and worksheets on the kind of business to start and how to budget and plan for that business to launch and grow. It also shares insights on what kind of professional advice to seek and what questions to ask.

With moms in mind, the authors discuss finding workspace amidst the chaos of your home and where to get real-life support and encouragement.


Mom, Incorporated is a good book for any mom who's ready to give birth--to a new business.

Note: I received a copy of this book to facilitate a review.
You have just read the article entitled Mom, Incorporated: A Guide to Business + Baby. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2011/12/mom-incorporated-guide-to-business-baby.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows