Top Holiday STEM Gifts

What? You missed my TV appearance highlighting this great STEM gifts for kids? No worries, you can take a look here. I'm always amazed and how tiny I look compared to the WGN anchors so let me say, not only are they tall, but Robin wears heels.



This is something like my fourth TV appearance and I feel like I've got it down to some degree. Even though I made it to the studio on time, they didn't have me set up until just before the segment and I wound up being very rushed at the last minute. So rushed then I didn't get to put the littleBits Korg Synth Kit on display because it was blocked by the regular kit (though I was quite fond of the sound-sensitive rocking Santa I created).

I felt (still feel) horrible about this because I'm a big littleBits fan and the Synth Kit is a really cool addition to their line. And I was pretty psyched to have it show off before it went on sale.

Here's the kind of thing I had hoped to demonstrate. I had my keyboard and oscillator ready to go and planned to play a killer rendition of "Do-Re-Mi."



So the TV segment wound up being pretty stressful, but I think I came off okay in the end.

Many thanks to the awesome, patient and helpful Drew Fustini of Element 14 for setting me up with the BeagleBone Black project and serving as my onsite tech assistant/roadie. Given my rush, I might not even even unboxed it all without him.

Because I can't resist, here are a few more useful STEM and STEAM gift lists. And whatever you buy this season, make sure it's not one of these.

You have just read the article entitled Top Holiday STEM Gifts. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-holiday-stem-gifts.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows