Maybe I'm a Swagwhore After All

Forget that last post about my swag habits (among other things). I do like swag. I'm just picky. As I was sorting through old papers I came across one of my all-time favorite pieces of swag. It's pictured on the right.

You see, a few years ago I had the privilege of speaking alongside the Speaker of the House, the Honorable Nancy Pelosi, advocating for health care reform at the last Capitol Hill press conference before the congressional vote for "Obamacare." I was given a copy of the current draft of the legislation and when I had my moment alone with Speaker Pelosi for a quick meet and greet/photo op, I asked her to sign my copy.

This packet of papers is more than just a thing. The swag is rife with meaning and recalls not only an important time for me, but for my country as well. And what better way to indicate that blogging helped me find than to speak to a room packed with reporters and photographers on a matter of national importance?

I'm just a mom with a blog.

Oh, and if you're following along my series of look-back posts, also check out Don't Bother Mommy, She's Busy Reforming Health Care for America the title was a riff on an article about moms ignoring their kids whilst they blog.
You have just read the article entitled Maybe I'm a Swagwhore After All. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/08/maybe-i-swagwhore-after-all.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows