Time for a Mammogram

This morning on Facebook my friend Melanie posted a reminder about keeping up with annual mammograms because a friend of hers was recently diagnosed at her annual visit. I happen to have a similar reminder sitting on my desk, but it's those gestures from friends that tend to kick me into action. I know some bloggers who make a pointing of posting about mammograms and pap smears for that very reason.

At any rate, in keeping with my theme of revisiting old blog posts AND proving my increasing senility, here's what I wrote on May 29, 2012:

My informal research indicates that women who hear or read about their girlfriends getting mammograms are 72% more likely to pick up the phone and schedule their own overdue screenings than other women. That's why I'm sharing that I had my girls checked out today.
Lucky me, our local Nordstrom has a mammography suite.
Seriously.
They partnered with a local hospital to offer general breast screenings. They don't provide ultrasounds or high level screenings, though.

So yeah, here comes my annual trip to the local shopping mall.

Oh, and I can't leave out this little gem of haiku from 2006:
boobs in a vise grip 
smooshed for just a few seconds 
my first mammogram

Are you due for a check? Make that call!


You have just read the article entitled Time for a Mammogram. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/06/time-for-mammogram.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows