Summer Schedule

The Young Maker Teen has a summer that will move in fits and starts. A week or two without much going on, followed by week of half-day camp, more nothing, then away for a week, home to unscheduled bliss and then away for three weeks.

Because he's something of a planner and organizer (just don't ask to see his bedroom) he presented me with this proposed daily schedule which I'm sharing with his blessing:

7:30 - 8:00    wake-up, eat breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed
8:00 - 8:30    exercise
8:30 - 9:00    play computer
9:00 - 11:00  build/make, read, do whatever is planned (WHIP)
11:00 - 12:00 lunch, play computer
12:00 - 3:00   WHIP, pool, or library
3:00 - 5:00     park
5:00 - 6:00     play computer
6:00 - 7:00     eat dinner
7:00 - 7:30     exercise
7:30 - 8:00     play computer
8:00 -9:30      family time

I'm not sure how well we'll actually stick to this, but I appreciate his attempts to bring structure and balance to the lazy days of summer. As I type this, he's working on a Pinewood Derby car I picked up at a garage sale this morning. This after a brief jog on his part (I, however, logged over 2.5 miles as I'm training for a 5K that I thought was later this month, but is actually next week--yikes!) and some time at the computer.

The older boy has his last final of freshman year this morning. He's going to be swimming in the (early) morning and, for the first two weeks of summer, will spend his afternoons as a teaching assistant in a computer programming class for middle schoolers (dream first job!). Summer school will start later this month, filling up his mornings. Most days will be topped off with an evening swim session. Oh, and he'll be teaching swim lessons on weekend mornings.

Forget what I said about lazy days of summer. I think we'll all be keeping quite busy!
You have just read the article entitled Summer Schedule. Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-schedule.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows