Houston, I Think We Have a Ballet (This Weekend in Chicago!)

Houston Ballet's Aladdin at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre
The Houston Ballet is coming to Chicago this weekend, March 22 and 23, with their production of Aladdin at the Auditorium Theatre, 50 East Congress Parkway.

This will be the fist time the Houston Ballet will present a show at the Auditorium Theatre. Additionally, it will be my first time seeing the ballet version of what is now "a Disney Classic." I received an invitation to attend the show and will be joined by my husband, but its an ideal ballet for families, too.

Before Disney did it's thing Aladdin was best know as one of the stories of the Arabian Nights. It's the tale of a young boy tricked into retrieving a magic lamp from a hidden cave. He soon realizes that the lamp is the home of a magical genie, and it grants the boy riches beyond his imagination. The now-wealthy boy falls in love with the emperor's daughter, but then is exposed by the emperor's assistant. Calamity and magic carpet rides ensue.

I look forward to seeing a classic tale retold in a non-Disney, not to mention ballet, form. I don't think I've seen a dance performance featuring dancers over the age of 10 in as many years.

The show is this Saturday at 8:00 PM and Sunday at 2:00. Tickets $32 -$92 are available online at ticketmaster or by calling 1-800-982-ARTS.

Click to read a full schedule of the Auditorium Theatre's performances. (Hey, I just realized Amy Schumer will be there Friday March 28. She's really funny. Off to check my calendar...)

You have just read the article entitled Houston, I Think We Have a Ballet (This Weekend in Chicago!). Please read the article from Colored by Crimson Shadows About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://coloredbycrimsonshadows.blogspot.com/2014/03/houston-i-think-we-have-ballet-this.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Colored by Crimson Shadows